CHAMPIONSHIP PRODUCTIONS LAST MINUTE SALE PROMOTION
This SALE promotion IS ONGOING !
Check out TODAY's SALE PROMOTIONS! or
Check out CHAMPIONSHIP NEWEST BASKETBALL DVDs!
In this Basketball Statistics Blog Your comments are Welcomed !
... by means of InterMail English or InterMail Español !
There is NO NEED TO REGISTER and to protect your privacy,
we'll not publish neither your email address NOR YOUR URL !
eBA Encyclopedia Statistics Terminology: NBA Basketball Team Heat Map
A heat map is a graphical representation of data where the values taken by a variable in a two-dimensional map are represented as colors. A very similar presentation form is a tree map. The term is also used to mean its thematic application as a choropleth map.
There are several different kinds of heat map:
• Web heat maps have been used for displaying areas of a Web page most frequently scanned by visitors.
• Biology heat maps are typically used in molecular biology to represent the level of expression of many genes across a number of comparable samples (e.g. cells in different states, samples from different patients) as they are obtained from DNA microarrays.
• The tree map is a 2D hierarchical partitioning of data that visually resembles a heat map.
• A mosaic plot is a tiled heat map for representing a two-way or higher-way table of data. As with treemaps, the rectangular regions in a mosaic plot are hierarchically organized. The means that the regions are rectangles instead of squares. Friendly (1994) surveys the history and usage of this graph.
Each NBA Basketball Team Heat Map shows who was coaching the basketball team that year, who were the top offensive players on the team, and by how many possessions each team won or lost over a 5 year period.
The overall goal of the charts is to be able to observe how time, coaches and players create point spread trends. Win percentage paints a narrow picture of how key personnel react to being put into different game situations. Year-over-year trends may help people see why their team is gaining or losing ground to the competition.
Each color is a point range that the team won or lost by in that year. Green to red bars are wins, while blues are losses. The lower area provides team information for each year. The right bar shows the average share of games won ad lost by each 3-point range over the last 5 year in the NBA.
One of the discovered insights is how certain teams and coaches are more likely to win by 3 or fewer points than they lose by the same margin.
Read More more details about this definition and another statistical terms at our new Basketball Encyclopedia.
is a Series of Notes edited Regularly Every Month !
To Read ALL the Articles in this Series, click here: Categories > Statistics > Terminology
Your comments are Welcomed ! ... by means of eBA InterMail English or just here !
Post Your Comment
tags: basketball ~ statistician's digest ~ basketball analysis ~ basketball statistics ~ statistics & statisticians ~ statistics terminology
visit: eBA Portal ~ Forums ~ Encyclopedia ~ Clinics ~ eBA System Book ~ eBA Facebook ~ eBA Twitter ~ eBA Google+ ~ YouTube BA ~ Store
No Pingbacks for this post yet...
Comments are closed for this post.
Just know that, although you are clearly not interested in clicking any of the advertisements on this website, ad-blocking prevents us from continuing to produce the content we do provide free of charge, and we politely request you to kindly whitelist our site thereby allowing our harmless and unobtrusive ads to load and the impressions counting to run !.
Thank YOU !
The eBA Team
|<< <||> >>|
BASKETBALL Coaching, Statistics, Video Clips & Photos BLOG.
Los 5 DVDs de |
Entrenamiento del Baloncesto
• 1 ~ 50 Set Plays for
Attacking Man-to-Man Defense
by Larry Brown
• 2 ~ Mike Krzyzewski:
All Access Duke
National Championship Season
by Mike Krzyzewski
• 3 ~ Bob Hurley Coaching High School Basketball 4-Pack con Bob Hurley
• 4 ~ Geno Auriemma and Bob Knight:
Learn from the Legends Series
by Geno Auriemma
and Bob Knight
• 5 ~ Roy Williams: Acceso Total a las Prácticas del North Carolina Basketball 3-Pack DVD con Roy Williams
2007 Febrero ~ February
2007 Enero ~ January
2006 Diciemb ~ Decemb
2006 Noviemb ~ Novemb
2006 Octubre ~ October
2006 Sept. ~ September
2006 Agosto ~ August
2006 Julio ~ July
2006 Junio ~ June
2006 Mayo ~ May
2006 Abril ~ April
2006 Marzo ~ March
2006 Febrero ~ February
2006 Enero ~ January
2006 Diciemb ~ Decemb
2005 Noviemb ~ Novemb
2005 Octubre ~ October
2005 Agosto ~ August
Roberto E. Azar
Entrenador Nacional de
Basketball Game Analyst
Analista de Partidos de Básquetbol
Buenos Aires, Argentina
azarober AT eba-stats DOT com
Los MEJORES 5 DVDs de
del AÑO 2012:
• 1 ~ Acceso Total Prácticas del Kentucky Basketball University Campeonato Nacional 2011-12
with John Calipari
• 2 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas del Seleccionado de los EE.UU. 7-pack DVD
with Don Showalter,
& Rich Gray
• 3 ~ Siguiendo en Juego: Combatiendo el Agotamiento del Entrenador y Jugador
2-Pack DVD con el
Dr Chris Stankovich
• 4 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas de Baloncesto
con Geno Auriemma
• 5 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas de la Universidad Temple
con Fran Dunphy