CHAMPIONSHIP PRODUCTIONS LAST MINUTE SALE PROMOTION
This SALE promotion IS ONGOING !
Check out TODAY's SALE PROMOTIONS! or
Check out CHAMPIONSHIP NEWEST BASKETBALL DVDs!
In this Basketball Statistics Blog Your comments are Welcomed !
... by means of InterMail English or InterMail Español !
There is NO NEED TO REGISTER and to protect your privacy,
we'll not publish neither your email address NOR YOUR URL !
Basketball Statistics Referred Concepts:
About the Fastbreak Points Per 48 Minutes and the Four Factors
"... Does the eBA Basketball Statistics Analysis System tracks team fastbreak points game by game and current season average ?
May be the actual basketball game is allowing quick players more access to the lane because of a more rigorous and frequent handchecking calls ?
May be that scoring and FG shots and possessions are down ? ..."
Certainly, the eBA Basketball Statistics Analysis System tracks team fast-break points game by game and current season average. Some numbers about our total season data:
• Officials are currently calling the games nearer, that means more non-shooting fouls. So, teams are receiving added time per possession ascribable to the shot clock getting reset more frequently.
• Scoring and Field Goals shots and possessions are going down and average duration of possession in game clock time is raising: therefore putting all together we can conclude that the pace has decelerated a little.
• Using our possessions formula - see eBA Encyclopedia - and team data from our archives, the average duration of possession reveal us a possession use in a slower pace: moved from 15.83 seconds to 15.88 seconds.
• And finally, fast-break frequency and points made from stayed the same, personal fouls raises 0.57%, turnovers moves lower 0.6%, steals moves lower 4.6%, blocked shots moves lower 3.4%, assists moves lower 3.2%, total rebounds moves lower 2.2%, shooting percentages are raising but field goal attempts moves lower 0.3% and 3 points attempts raises 1.5%.
In this topic we can find a help in understanding the Dean Oliver's Four Factors.
Essentially, the four factors are the building blocks to the efficiency formula.
Efficiency data gives you an idea of the quality of a team’s offense or defense, but the four factors tell you why a team is good or bad when they have or don’t have the ball.
Here’s a breakdown of how each statistic on this concept is calculated…
Effective field goal percentage is like regular field goal percentage except that it gives 50% more credit for made three-pointers.
eFG% = (.5*3FGM + FGM) / FGA
Turnover percentage is a pace-independent measure of ball security.
TO% = TO / Possessions
Offensive rebounding percentage is a measure of the possible rebounds that are gathered by the offense.
OR% = OR / (OR + DRopp)
Keep in mind that rebounding percentage is computed from box score data which does not contain team rebounds. Therefore, the figures shown here may differ slightly from calculations made on the rebounding totals provided by a team.
Finally, free throw rate captures a team’s ability to score from the line.
FTRateoff = FTM / FGA
FTRatedef = FTA / FGA
Defensive FTRate uses FTA in the numerator since the defense has little control on the percentage of free throw attempts made by the opposition.
The four factors concept is based on the research from Dean Oliver, author of the book and eBook Basketball on Paper: Rules and Tools for Performance Analysis, and you can read Dean’s more detailed explanation of the four factors in the exposition by Prof. Roberto Azar from eBA-Stats about "Basketball Formulas Revision" in eBA ONLINE CLINICS....."
This topic is resumed in the eBA Basketball Statistics Creative Analysis System and at the eBA Encyclopedia.
is a Series of Notes edited the 3rd. Thursday of Every Month !
To Read ALL the Articles in this Series, click here: Categories > Analysis Concepts
NBA 2013 Playoffs !
Your comments are Welcomed ! ... by means of eBA InterMail English or just here !
Post Your Comment
tags: basketball ~ Weekly Magazine ~ statistician's digest ~ video actuality news ~ basketball analysis ~ Fastbreak Points and the Four Factors
visit: eBA Portal ~ Forums ~ Encyclopedia ~ Clinics ~ eBA System Book ~ eBA Facebook ~ eBA Twitter ~ eBA Google+ ~ YouTube BA ~ eBA Store
No Pingbacks for this post yet...
Just know that, although you are clearly not interested in clicking any of the advertisements on this website, ad-blocking prevents us from continuing to produce the content we do provide free of charge, and we politely request you to kindly whitelist our site thereby allowing our harmless and unobtrusive ads to load and the impressions counting to run !.
Thank YOU !
The eBA Team
|<< <||> >>|
BASKETBALL Coaching, Statistics, Video Clips & Photos BLOG.
Los 5 DVDs de |
Entrenamiento del Baloncesto
• 1 ~ 50 Set Plays for
Attacking Man-to-Man Defense
by Larry Brown
• 2 ~ Mike Krzyzewski:
All Access Duke
National Championship Season
by Mike Krzyzewski
• 3 ~ Bob Hurley Coaching High School Basketball 4-Pack con Bob Hurley
• 4 ~ Geno Auriemma and Bob Knight:
Learn from the Legends Series
by Geno Auriemma
and Bob Knight
• 5 ~ Roy Williams: Acceso Total a las Prácticas del North Carolina Basketball 3-Pack DVD con Roy Williams
2007 Febrero ~ February
2007 Enero ~ January
2006 Diciemb ~ Decemb
2006 Noviemb ~ Novemb
2006 Octubre ~ October
2006 Sept. ~ September
2006 Agosto ~ August
2006 Julio ~ July
2006 Junio ~ June
2006 Mayo ~ May
2006 Abril ~ April
2006 Marzo ~ March
2006 Febrero ~ February
2006 Enero ~ January
2006 Diciemb ~ Decemb
2005 Noviemb ~ Novemb
2005 Octubre ~ October
2005 Agosto ~ August
Roberto E. Azar
Entrenador Nacional de
Basketball Game Analyst
Analista de Partidos de Básquetbol
Buenos Aires, Argentina
azarober AT eba-stats DOT com
Los MEJORES 5 DVDs de
del AÑO 2012:
• 1 ~ Acceso Total Prácticas del Kentucky Basketball University Campeonato Nacional 2011-12
with John Calipari
• 2 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas del Seleccionado de los EE.UU. 7-pack DVD
with Don Showalter,
& Rich Gray
• 3 ~ Siguiendo en Juego: Combatiendo el Agotamiento del Entrenador y Jugador
2-Pack DVD con el
Dr Chris Stankovich
• 4 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas de Baloncesto
con Geno Auriemma
• 5 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas de la Universidad Temple
con Fran Dunphy