CHAMPIONSHIP PRODUCTIONS LAST MINUTE SALE PROMOTION
This SALE promotion IS ONGOING !
Check out TODAY's SALE PROMOTIONS! or
Check out CHAMPIONSHIP NEWEST BASKETBALL DVDs!
In this Basketball Statistics Blog Your comments are Welcomed !
... by means of InterMail English or InterMail Español !
There is NO NEED TO REGISTER and to protect your privacy,
we'll not publish neither your email address NOR YOUR URL !
Basketball Statistician's Digest:
August 2012 eBA sketball Statistics Case Study Conclusion
'Basketball Field Goals Tracking' Case Study
" ... A3 shoots but fouls B5 ...
1. before the ball is in flight;
2. after the ball is in flight but before A3 has returned to the floor; or
3. after the ball is in flight and A3 has returned to the floor.
What is the proper ruling and the correct INDIVIDUAL or COLLECTIVE statistical registration according to the eBA Basketball Statistics Analysis System including the type of the registration ( type of turnover; forced, unforced, individual or collective turnover, good or bad foul; close, long, disputed or undisputed rebound; assist made, potential, missed or double assist; etc. ) ... ?"
• Basketball Statistics Philosophy:
A player should not be charged for a shot from the field influenced by the illegal actions of himself, or any teammates or opponents, unless the shot results in a FGM.
• eBA System Statistics Fundamentals:
A field-goal attempt (FGA) is charged to a player any time the player shoots, throws or taps a live ball at his own basket, when, in the opinion of the statistician, the player is attempting to score a goal.
A field goal made (FGM) is credited to a player any time a FGA by the player results in the goal being counted or results in an awarded score of two (or three) points except when the field goal is the result of a defensive player tipping the ball in the offensive basket.
If the statistician is in doubt about whether a shooting foul is a player-control foul, the actions of the officials will indicate the correct ruling. If the foul is a player-control foul, it will be so indicated by the officials and any shot will be waved of.
• eBA Basketball Statistical Tracking:
• In 1., the ball was dead before the shot was in flight, therefore do not charge A3 with a FGA, but charge A3 with a FORCED TURNOVER and record the foul made for A3 and a received foul plus a STEAL in favor of B5.
• In 2., if the shot is good, credit A3 with a FGM and FGA. If the shot is missed, charge A3 with a FGA and credit Team B with a dead-ball CLOSE UNDISPUTED rebound. In both situations also record the foul made for A3 and the received foul by B5.
• In 3., if the shot is good, credit A3 with a FGM and FGA. If the shot is missed, charge A3 with a FGA and credit Team B with a dead-ball CLOSE UNDISPUTED rebound. In both situations also record the foul made for A3 and the received foul by B5.
This Case Study was presented as every 15th. day of each month, on August 15th, 2012 in
our eBA Portal: were sent 623 answers, 37 partial answers and only 196 totally correct, that's means including all the options, registrations and qualifications.
was awarded to those who submitted the correct answers !
Your comments are Welcomed ! ... by means of eBA InterMail English ! NO NEED TO REGISTER !
tags: basketball ~ statistician's digest ~ basketball analysis ~ basketball statistics ~ statistics ~ case studies ~ basketball field goals tracking
visit: eBA Portal ~ Forums ~ Encyclopedia ~ Clinics ~ eBA System Book ~ eBA Facebook ~ eBA Twitter ~ eBA Google+ ~ YouTube BA ~ eBA Store
No Pingbacks for this post yet...
Just know that, although you are clearly not interested in clicking any of the advertisements on this website, ad-blocking prevents us from continuing to produce the content we do provide free of charge, and we politely request you to kindly whitelist our site thereby allowing our harmless and unobtrusive ads to load and the impressions counting to run !.
Thank YOU !
The eBA Team
|<< <||> >>|
BASKETBALL Coaching, Statistics, Video Clips & Photos BLOG.
Los 5 DVDs de |
Entrenamiento del Baloncesto
• 1 ~ 50 Set Plays for
Attacking Man-to-Man Defense
by Larry Brown
• 2 ~ Mike Krzyzewski:
All Access Duke
National Championship Season
by Mike Krzyzewski
• 3 ~ Bob Hurley Coaching High School Basketball 4-Pack con Bob Hurley
• 4 ~ Geno Auriemma and Bob Knight:
Learn from the Legends Series
by Geno Auriemma
and Bob Knight
• 5 ~ Roy Williams: Acceso Total a las Prácticas del North Carolina Basketball 3-Pack DVD con Roy Williams
2007 Febrero ~ February
2007 Enero ~ January
2006 Diciemb ~ Decemb
2006 Noviemb ~ Novemb
2006 Octubre ~ October
2006 Sept. ~ September
2006 Agosto ~ August
2006 Julio ~ July
2006 Junio ~ June
2006 Mayo ~ May
2006 Abril ~ April
2006 Marzo ~ March
2006 Febrero ~ February
2006 Enero ~ January
2006 Diciemb ~ Decemb
2005 Noviemb ~ Novemb
2005 Octubre ~ October
2005 Agosto ~ August
Roberto E. Azar
Entrenador Nacional de
Basketball Game Analyst
Analista de Partidos de Básquetbol
Buenos Aires, Argentina
azarober AT eba-stats DOT com
Los MEJORES 5 DVDs de
del AÑO 2012:
• 1 ~ Acceso Total Prácticas del Kentucky Basketball University Campeonato Nacional 2011-12
with John Calipari
• 2 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas del Seleccionado de los EE.UU. 7-pack DVD
with Don Showalter,
& Rich Gray
• 3 ~ Siguiendo en Juego: Combatiendo el Agotamiento del Entrenador y Jugador
2-Pack DVD con el
Dr Chris Stankovich
• 4 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas de Baloncesto
con Geno Auriemma
• 5 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas de la Universidad Temple
con Fran Dunphy