CHAMPIONSHIP PRODUCTIONS LAST MINUTE SALE PROMOTION
This SALE promotion IS ONGOING !
Check out TODAY's SALE PROMOTIONS! or
Check out CHAMPIONSHIP NEWEST BASKETBALL DVDs!
In this Basketball Statistics Blog Your comments are Welcomed !
... by means of InterMail English or InterMail Español !
There is NO NEED TO REGISTER and to protect your privacy,
we'll not publish neither your email address NOR YOUR URL !
Basketball Statistician's Digest:
July 2012 eBA sketball Statistics Case Study Conclusion
'Basketball Assists Tracking' Case Study
" ... After grabbing a rebound of the defensive backboard,
A4 passes the ball promptly to A2 at the midcourt (that is, the division line); and then...
1. A2 is unguarded but passes the ball to A1, who marks an undisputed layup;
2. A2 is unguarded but returns the ball to A4, who had penetrated to the basket immediately after the first pass and receives A2’s pass to mark the undisputed layup;
3. A2 is closely guarded and passes the ball to A1, who marks an undisputed layup; or
4. A2 is closely guarded and passes the ball to A1, who pass back the ball to A2, who then marks having misplaced his defensive man following the pass to A1.
What is the proper ruling and the correct INDIVIDUAL or COLLECTIVE statistical registration according to the eBA Basketball Statistics Analysis System including the type of the registration ( type of turnover; forced, unforced, individual or collective turnover, good or bad foul; close, long, disputed or undisputed rebound; assist made, potential, missed or double assist; etc. ) ... ?"
• Basketball Statistics Philosophy:
An assist should be more than a routine pass that just happens to be followed by a i eld goal. It should be a conscious ef ort to i nd the open player or to help a player work free. There should not be a limit on the number of dribbles by the receiver.
It is not even necessary that the assist be given on the last pass.
There is no restraint on the distance or type of shot made, for these are not the crucial factors in determining whether an assist should be credited. Nevertheless, the eBA System records both factors: distance of the assist and type of shot assisted made.
Although, an assist should be 'made'. 'missed' or 'potential' according to our eBA Basketball Statistics Analysis System, when also are tracked the 'long assists', 'short assists', '2 or 3 points assists', 'assists on foul' and 'assists on/to the paint area'.
• eBA System Statistics Fundamentals:
A player is credited with an assist when the player makes, in the judgment of the statistician, the principal pass contributing directly to a field goal (or an awarded score of two or three
points). Only one assist is to be credited on any field goal and only when the pass was a major part of the play.
That said, the 'second assist concept' (as in hockey) is integral part of our eBA Basketball Statistics Analysis System ! The same player cannot be credited with an assist and a field goal made on the same possession.
Such a pass should be either
(a) a pass that finds a player free after he or she has maneuvered without the ball for a positional advantage, or
(b) a pass that gives the receiving player a positional advantage he or she otherwise would not have had.
• eBA Basketball Statistical Tracking:
• In 1., credit A2 with a REGULAR MADE assist and a 'SECOND ASSIST' for A4. If A1 misses his shot,
we should credit A2 with a POTENTIAL ASSIST !
• In 2. credit A2 with a REGULAR MADE assist. If A4 misses his shot, we should credit A2 with a
POTENTIAL ASSIST !
• In 3., credit A2 with a REGULAR MADE assist ( or MISSED assist in the case A1 misses his shot ).
• In 4., credit A1 with a REGULAR MADE assist ( or MISSED assist in the case A2 misses his shot ).
This Case Study was presented as every 15th. day of each month, on July 15th, 2012 in
our eBA Portal: were sent 589 answers, 23 partial answers and 301 totally correct, that's means including all the options, registrations and qualifications.
was awarded to those who submitted the correct answers !
Your comments are Welcomed ! ... by means of eBA InterMail English ! NO NEED TO REGISTER !
tags: basketball ~ statistician's digest ~ basketball analysis ~ basketball statistics ~ statistics ~ case studies ~ basketball assists tracking
visit: eBA Portal ~ Forums ~ Encyclopedia ~ Clinics ~ eBA System Book ~ eBA Facebook ~ eBA Twitter ~ eBA Google+ ~ YouTube BA ~ eBA Store
No Pingbacks for this post yet...
Just know that, although you are clearly not interested in clicking any of the advertisements on this website, ad-blocking prevents us from continuing to produce the content we do provide free of charge, and we politely request you to kindly whitelist our site thereby allowing our harmless and unobtrusive ads to load and the impressions counting to run !.
Thank YOU !
The eBA Team
|<< <||> >>|
BASKETBALL Coaching, Statistics, Video Clips & Photos BLOG.
Los 5 DVDs de |
Entrenamiento del Baloncesto
• 1 ~ 50 Set Plays for
Attacking Man-to-Man Defense
by Larry Brown
• 2 ~ Mike Krzyzewski:
All Access Duke
National Championship Season
by Mike Krzyzewski
• 3 ~ Bob Hurley Coaching High School Basketball 4-Pack con Bob Hurley
• 4 ~ Geno Auriemma and Bob Knight:
Learn from the Legends Series
by Geno Auriemma
and Bob Knight
• 5 ~ Roy Williams: Acceso Total a las Prácticas del North Carolina Basketball 3-Pack DVD con Roy Williams
2007 Febrero ~ February
2007 Enero ~ January
2006 Diciemb ~ Decemb
2006 Noviemb ~ Novemb
2006 Octubre ~ October
2006 Sept. ~ September
2006 Agosto ~ August
2006 Julio ~ July
2006 Junio ~ June
2006 Mayo ~ May
2006 Abril ~ April
2006 Marzo ~ March
2006 Febrero ~ February
2006 Enero ~ January
2006 Diciemb ~ Decemb
2005 Noviemb ~ Novemb
2005 Octubre ~ October
2005 Agosto ~ August
Roberto E. Azar
Entrenador Nacional de
Basketball Game Analyst
Analista de Partidos de Básquetbol
Buenos Aires, Argentina
azarober AT eba-stats DOT com
Los MEJORES 5 DVDs de
del AÑO 2012:
• 1 ~ Acceso Total Prácticas del Kentucky Basketball University Campeonato Nacional 2011-12
with John Calipari
• 2 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas del Seleccionado de los EE.UU. 7-pack DVD
with Don Showalter,
& Rich Gray
• 3 ~ Siguiendo en Juego: Combatiendo el Agotamiento del Entrenador y Jugador
2-Pack DVD con el
Dr Chris Stankovich
• 4 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas de Baloncesto
con Geno Auriemma
• 5 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas de la Universidad Temple
con Fran Dunphy