CHAMPIONSHIP PRODUCTIONS LAST MINUTE SALE PROMOTION
This SALE promotion IS ONGOING !
Check out TODAY's SALE PROMOTIONS! or
Check out CHAMPIONSHIP NEWEST BASKETBALL DVDs!
In this Basketball Statistics Blog Your comments are Welcomed !
... by means of InterMail English or InterMail Español !
There is NO NEED TO REGISTER and to protect your privacy,
we'll not publish neither your email address NOR YOUR URL !
Wages of Wins:
By David Berri, Martin Schmidt, and Stacey Brook
The Wages of Wins, is a book written by three economists —David Berri, Martin Schmidt, and Stacey Brook— who have come up with an algorithm for assessing the value of professional basketball players, using econometric methods to objectively valuate basketball statistics in terms of their impact on winning games.
The basic theory of the authors is that measurements of a player's efficiency are better tools for evaluating players than statistics like "points per game."
Since teams have an equal number of possessions in a basketball contest, the team that efficiently uses those possessions is more likely to win.
Turning the ball over without scoring is "bad," while converting a possession into points is "good."
The authors regressed nine statistics to find their relative impact on wins. Here's a simplification of their findings.
"Good" statistics: Each point, rebound, and steal have relatively equal impacts on winning. They are about twice as important as each block and assist. So, to quantify the positive statistics, here's a simple formula:
points + rebounds + steals + 1/2 (blocks) + 1/2 (assists)
"Bad" statistics: field goal attempts and turnovers have equally negative impacts on winning. They are twice as bad as free throw attempts and personal fouls. Here's a simple formula for the "bad" stats:
field goal attempts + 1/2 (free throw attempts) + turnovers + 1/2 (personal fouls)
Putting this all together we get what the authors call a "Win Score":
Points + Rebounds + Steals + 1/2 (blocks) + 1/2 (assists) - field goal attempts - 1/2 (free throw attempts) - turnovers - 1/2 (personal fouls)
Win Score proves to be an excellent method of comparing players who play the same position. But since power forwards and centers tend to have higher average Win Scores than guards, adjustments need to be made when comparing little men to big men.
• Authors: David Berri, Martin Schmidt, and Stacey Brook
• Formats: Book
• Book Edition Number of Pages: 304 ~ 9 x 6.3 x 0.8 inches
• File Size: 2537 KB
• Browse Duration in Minutes: 60
• Wireless Delivery: Included within a minute of placing your order
• Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
• Lending: Enabled
• Publisher: Stanford Business Books
• Publishing Date: 1st edition ~ May 22, 2006
• eBook Edition: December 2010
• Book Edition Binding: Hardcover
• Book Edition Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
• Language: English
• Also available: In the new 2010 eBook format
... more info at ...
No Pingbacks for this post yet...
Comments are closed for this post.
Just know that, although you are clearly not interested in clicking any of the advertisements on this website, ad-blocking prevents us from continuing to produce the content we do provide free of charge, and we politely request you to kindly whitelist our site thereby allowing our harmless and unobtrusive ads to load and the impressions counting to run !.
Thank YOU !
The eBA Team
|<< <||> >>|
BASKETBALL Coaching, Statistics, Video Clips & Photos BLOG.
Los 5 DVDs de |
Entrenamiento del Baloncesto
• 1 ~ 50 Set Plays for
Attacking Man-to-Man Defense
by Larry Brown
• 2 ~ Mike Krzyzewski:
All Access Duke
National Championship Season
by Mike Krzyzewski
• 3 ~ Bob Hurley Coaching High School Basketball 4-Pack con Bob Hurley
• 4 ~ Geno Auriemma and Bob Knight:
Learn from the Legends Series
by Geno Auriemma
and Bob Knight
• 5 ~ Roy Williams: Acceso Total a las Prácticas del North Carolina Basketball 3-Pack DVD con Roy Williams
2007 Febrero ~ February
2007 Enero ~ January
2006 Diciemb ~ Decemb
2006 Noviemb ~ Novemb
2006 Octubre ~ October
2006 Sept. ~ September
2006 Agosto ~ August
2006 Julio ~ July
2006 Junio ~ June
2006 Mayo ~ May
2006 Abril ~ April
2006 Marzo ~ March
2006 Febrero ~ February
2006 Enero ~ January
2006 Diciemb ~ Decemb
2005 Noviemb ~ Novemb
2005 Octubre ~ October
2005 Agosto ~ August
Roberto E. Azar
Entrenador Nacional de
Basketball Game Analyst
Analista de Partidos de Básquetbol
Buenos Aires, Argentina
azarober AT eba-stats DOT com
Los MEJORES 5 DVDs de
del AÑO 2012:
• 1 ~ Acceso Total Prácticas del Kentucky Basketball University Campeonato Nacional 2011-12
with John Calipari
• 2 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas del Seleccionado de los EE.UU. 7-pack DVD
with Don Showalter,
& Rich Gray
• 3 ~ Siguiendo en Juego: Combatiendo el Agotamiento del Entrenador y Jugador
2-Pack DVD con el
Dr Chris Stankovich
• 4 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas de Baloncesto
con Geno Auriemma
• 5 ~ Acceso Total a las Prácticas de la Universidad Temple
con Fran Dunphy